Who we are.
We welcome you to Likoni Aids orphanage whose basis of formation being to safeguard, care and protect orphans and vulnerable children both affected and infected by HIV/AIDS epidemic, abandoned, neglected and the less privileged children in the society.
It was founded in the year 2000 by Rev. Ombeva Anzani in collaboration with the community of Timbwani after bearing witness to vulnerable children languishing in the corridors of the sprawling slum of Timbwani.
It was by then that the vision of being rays of hope for African children came to birth.
We are found along Mrima Road near to Mrima Secondary school at the junction of P.A.G Church leading to Mathare area in Likoni sub county Mombasa county.
What we do
We are a charitable organization that care and protect vulnerable children through provision of essential programs that ensures comfortability, flexibility, successful transition and a brighter future for them.
Below are the mentioned programs;
- The basic needs support sponsorship program, this includes feeding, clothing, accommodation and security.
- The educational sponsorship program that ensures that the children stay in school and get quality education.
- The medical care plan program that caters for children’s health issues.
- Guiding & counseling program
- The Technical Vocational Education Training program that equip the children with life skills like tailoring, bead work, T-shirt printing and many more.
- The volunteering program that allow volunteers to visit and stay at the orphanage in aid of material, technical, spiritual, manpower and financial support.
We provide all these programs through the support from well –wishers and volunteers who visit the orphanage and offer to help the children.
For that reason, we gladly welcome volunteers to our volunteering program to experience orphanage life in Africa, share skills and techniques, advocate and network for the benefit of the children and the caregivers.
Ray of hope for African vulnerable children, improved early livelihoods and self sustainability.
Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, child care and protection through advocacy and networking for self sustainability, building of community models, hence improving livelihoods for both children, youth and women.
OUR CURRENT SUSTAINABILITY DEVELOPMENT GOALS
- Currently mobilizing resources to construct and develop conducive housing facilities on our undeveloped land in Bububu, donated by Advocate Nishit Maru .
- Provision and promotion of quality education and zero tolerance to child abuse.
- Provision of good nutrition, improved health services and referral to other health facilities.
- Socio-economic empowerment through promotion of sports, talents and vocational life skills.
- Charitable volunteer programme for sustainability and skills promotion.
- Promotion of self sustainability and creation of community models through permaculture.
- Sanitary towels and hygiene community program reaching out for vulnerable girls in need of sanitary towels and hygiene packs.
One who gives a child atreat make joy bell ring in Heaven street. And one who give a child a home build palace in Kingdom to came
Our solid principle values believing in God knowing that we gonna wake up tomorrow to execute His godly given responsibilities to embrace humanity. It is what has become of these children that keep the fire burning for us to work more. We are proud of the positive developments and life changing stories that has been witnessed along our charity journey.
Our love is priceless and has got no charge.
TARGET GROUPS: Boys & girls aged 3 years & above.
CHILDREN CATEGORIES: Orphans both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, abandoned, neglected and the less Privileged children in the society.
INSTITUTION CAPACITY: 55 Children.
CURRENT POPULATION: 10 Girls and 10 boys.
OUTREACH PROGRAMME: 450 Children and youth.
LAOP STAFFS: 7
In our service provision to the vulnerable children, we would like to give the best to them but lack of man-power and financial stability has hindered effective and efficient service provision.
The listed are some of our operational challenges that we kindly submit a humble request for mentorship and support;
Lack of a permanent home for conducive accommodation, privacy and security for the children we currently live in a rental house, moving from place to place like nomads which affects the children psychologically.
Lack of a well established basic needs and educational sponsorship programs. We depend on well-wishers and bursaries that are not efficient enough to keep the children stay in school throughout the year. We wish to propose through willing stake holders
Or sponsors or individual for a mutual partnership in establishing an international sponsorship program. We are open minded for suggestions.
Poor infrastructure and access to social amenities.
Lack of clean water for drinking and domestic purposes.
Lack of effective and efficient man power support and sustainability.
OUR BANK ACCOUNT
Bank: ABSA (Formal Barclays Bank of Kenya),
A/c Name: Likoni Aids Orphanage Centre
SWIFT code : Barekenx
Branch: Digo Road—Mombasa.
Board of management
(Chairperson, Asst. Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Stakeholder representative, & Members)